(meteorobs) when to look for the Leonids?

mark777ebay at aol.com mark777ebay at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 00:18:23 EDT 2009

hi- I was wondering for those of us that are amateurs, is it going to be worthwhile looking for the Leonids on the east or west coast of the US????? What range can we expect?? I've seen surprising little online about this shower compared with 2001/2002.?

Also, i was wondering how reliable the prediction(s) are??? Is it possible the peaks could be much later than expected (viewable in the US)??? Also, is there increased likelyhood this year for unexpected activity from different streams, as we are entering a meteor rich area of space?? Or, is that just hopeful thinking?...

thanks for any insight-

Mark