(meteorobs) Meteor Activity Outlook for October 17-23, 2009

GLDSKTR at aol.com GLDSKTR at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 18:03:02 EDT 2009

Good enough for me, Bob. The more observing sessions, the better!

Thanks,
Anthony Florida USA

In a message dated 10/19/2009 5:59:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lunro.imo.usa at cox.net writes:

Anthony  and All,

My date of October 22nd is based on the latest video data from  the IMO.
Studies of this data from the last ten years has provided an mean  maximum
at
solar longitude 208.9, which corresponds to 0748UT on the 22nd.  Since the
Orionids have a plateau of high activity instead of a sharp  maximum I
would
suggest that observers view on all three mornings from  10/21-10/23.

Clear Skies!

Robert  Lunsford