(meteorobs) orionids

Michel Vandeputte michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 21 05:26:15 EDT 2009

You are not alone...
Orionids are pretty difficult this year in the Low Countries.
I've got some data from  October 18-19, October 19-20 (minor session) but
that is all for the moment.
Two fellow observers from the DMS (Carl Johannink and Koen Miskotte) went to
Grevesmuhlen (Schleswig Holstein, formal Eastern Germany) for October 20-21.
The have a couple of hours of data but low clouds went in from Poland after
3 AM. Also in this night they have the impression about enhanced Orionid
activity (ZHR ~40, some bright ones till magnitude -3).

Also October 21-22 will be clouded out (active cold front in progress).

Clear skies(???)

Michel.