(meteorobs) Orionids in East GA

meteorsga meteorsga at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 21 08:25:51 EDT 2009

I was fortunate to have clear skies this morning, a rarity here for the bulk of this year, and observed for an meager hour at  5 - 6  AM local time from my back yard given that I had to be at work this morning.  Although I was suffering about a 25% obscured field of view due to trees, it really seemed like a typical Orionid return with perhaps a bit more than a dozen shower members and one bright -6 fireball with a 20 second train.  I'll try to have my full report up as soon as possible!

  Kim Youmans