(meteorobs) Recent tv news visit to my observatory

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Wed Oct 21 12:02:01 EDT 2009

After a recent large fireball occurrence here in New Mexico a regional tv news station visited my observatory and posted a report.  After the report I received a handful of eyewitness accounts of the fireball which have been helpful in plotting the possible trajectory.  If this particular meteor made landfall it would be in the deep and remote mountains of New Mexico.

http://www.koat.com/news/21277557/detail.html

TV clip is upper right of screen. Might take a moment to load.

Note that the large antenna seen in the report is not for meteors but that is part of my broader radio astronomy array for Jupiter work.

Fireball capture in the report here:
http://www.heliotown.com/Fireball_20091009_Ashcraft.html

Thomas Ashcraft
New Mexico