(meteorobs) Orionids from Greece

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Oct 22 12:56:43 EDT 2009

It's more than a perceptual phenomenon. Events which can be described by a
Poisson distribution (which pretty reasonably includes both shower and
sporadic meteors) exhibit an actual clustering in frequency (this is
described by noise theory).

Any basic treatment of statistics will explain this phenomenon.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com