(meteorobs) Orionids from Greece

Rainer Arlt rarlt at aip.de
Thu Oct 22 13:12:48 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:56:43AM -0600, Chris Peterson wrote:
> It's more than a perceptual phenomenon. Events which can be described by a
> Poisson distribution (which pretty reasonably includes both shower and
> sporadic meteors) exhibit an actual clustering in frequency (this is
> described by noise theory).

Right. Clustering occurs, but is compatible with the
random distribution of unrelated events. I was not
saying clusters are a matter of perception. Karl may
have misunderstood me.

Karl, Sirko Molau investigated this and also Detlef
Koschny even earlier. Certainly other people, too,
but I can't remember right now.

Best wishes,
Rainer