(meteorobs) Meteor photography and fisheye lens advice please

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:21:47 EDT 2009

from astrotopix:

You can go about 1.5 magnitudes fainter with each doubling of
aperture. So if I were shooting the 16mm at f/2.8 at 5.7mm aperture,
and an 85mm f/1.8 shooting wide open at an aperture of 47mm, that
would be about a little more than a three times doubling of the
aperture. So the 85mm can record stars that are about 4.5 mags
fainter.