(meteorobs) What is the FM(FMD)

YiCao star911cao at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 31 07:07:05 EDT 2009

Thank you for your answer.But I did not understand it very clearly.In this webside,I read that:

http://feraj.narod.ru/Radiants/Predictions/1901-2100eng/Leonids-introeng.html
fM(fMD) - the characteristic of longitudinal density of the trail, it is derived from the time interval between passages of minimal distance to the Earth's orbit by particles with different ejection velocities

Is it show that how long  the shower will last? If so,Why do some FM(FMD) is a negative?

Best wishes,Yi Cao