(meteorobs) Question on an interesting meteor

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 11:04:25 EDT 2009

>>I noticed an interesting Orionid meteor photo in the
www.spaceweather.com gallery and wonder what your opinion might be
regarding the flares coming off of it. Do you think the flares are
meteor generated in the moment of ionization or caused by something else
like high winds, time of exposure or camera  artifact?<<

Looking at it again, I would still first suspect a distorted train being
captured. But it does look a little different than most residual trains I've
seen. My second suspect would be points of ablation or small bursts that
show up only weakly when photographed. My third guess would be aliens bailing
 out. :O) Whatever its a neat shot.
George Zay