(meteorobs) Question on an interesting meteor -Enhanced Picture

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 16:16:50 EDT 2009

>>There was a slow earth
grazer to my east that I was able to  watch with my 10X50 binoculars. It
bounced off the atmosphere and continued  off almost directly away from me.
I was looking, with the binoculars, right  up the "tailpipe" of the meteor
and could clearly see spikes shooting off  the meteor just like a childs
sparkler, but very much  shorter..<<

I'm not sure how you could have been looking right up the "tailpipe" of an
earthgrazer? An earthgrazer would appear to be quite long. Looking right up
a  meteors "tailpipe" would mean you were looking at a "Pointer". A Pointer
should  look just like a star brightening and then dimming. No visible
trail.
GeoZay