(meteorobs) Question on an interesting meteor -Enhanced Picture

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 7 17:05:51 EDT 2009

With a two minute exposure, the timing information is lost. So there's no
way I know of to tell if the flares were produced during or after the
meteor. But they are right where you would expect them to be if they are
dissipating dust left in the wake of the meteor, they show the sort of
dynamics often seen in dissipating persistent trails, and they seem to be
the right color. All in all, I think that's the simplest and most likely
explanation.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory