(meteorobs) Question on an interesting meteor -Enhanced Picture

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 7 22:22:09 EDT 2009

Nothing makes me think it isn't the wind; that seems like the most likely
thing. We have no way of knowing how long this deformation took, other than
that it was up to two minutes. That's a long time- I (and I'm sure many
others) have seen persistent trails move substantially in a minute or two.
We're only talking about structures a few degrees long at most- that doesn't
translate to all that much physical motion of the dust.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com