(meteorobs) Question on an interesting meteor -Enhanced Picture

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Tue Sep 8 03:19:57 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am a bit late to weigh in, but I wholeheartedly agree with Chris, George and
several others: these protrusions of the trail are due to a time exposure of an
evolving persistent train.

>> That's a long time- I (and I'm sure many
>> others) have seen  persistent trails move substantially in a minute or two.
>

> A long time indeed. I would measure it in seconds.
> GeoZay

Indeed. Like George, I have seen persistent trains twist and move in seconds on
occasion. So in the max two minutes of the exposure (and that is what Chris is
pointing to) it is by no means unusual to see a persistent train evolve as in
the picture.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco (asteroid 183294) Langbroek