(meteorobs) Question on an interesting meteor -Enhanced Picture

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 8 11:22:36 EDT 2009

	I was following this meteor trail discussion and I thought I would
ask for an expert opinion on this before commenting.  Here is a note
I just received from Dr. Jiri Borovicka at Ondrejov in the Czech
Republic.

Quote:

Dear Ed,

my impression is that the "ejecta" going almost perpendicularly
to the meteor path show in fact the motion and gradual dispersions
of some brighter chunks of meteor train, which formed behind the
meteor. The motion is due to high altitude winds, which can have
different directions at different heights. The timescales involved
are tens of seconds.

With regards

Jiri

Thanks: Jiri