(meteorobs) Question on an interesting meteor -Enhanced Picture

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Thu Sep 10 10:11:16 EDT 2009

pat_branch schreef:
> Well of course we would be interested in seeing some of those too. Even more interesting is if someone produced a picture taken over a much shorter time frame that showed the same effect.

Here you are:

http://astrophoto.nl/delpsurf/leo2001/photo4.htm

The 1st image in the URL above is almost identical to the Orionid image in
question: note how in subsequent images the trail and it's streamers develop
further.

Some more examples:

http://astrophoto.nl/delpsurf/leo2001/photo7.htm
(note 2nd image)

http://astrophoto.nl/delpsurf/leo2001/photo3.htm

These are only a few examples of the many persistent train images our team
collected over the years.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco (asteroid 183294) Langbroek