(meteorobs) Question on an interesting meteor -Enhanced Picture

Larry ycsentinel at att.net
Thu Sep 10 10:14:28 EDT 2009

Hi Pat.

Visual indication of tumbling or rotation to date has been in spiral trains
or pulsating flaring. The above and below reversed curves of this outgassing
would be a rather unique or unusual additional way of determining tumble or
rotation.... which is worth pursuing.

I fully agree with you on the wild wind theory.  No part of it makes sense
given the image and certainly nothing offered to date on wind blown trains
has any similarity or relationship to what is clearly photographed jetting.

The curving of the jetted streams and its curve reversals below occured to
me to be evidence of tumbling or rotation many hours after I first viewed
this image and was when I tried to figure out what would make those streams
act like that. It was not an instant assessment.

I believe the meteor occured near the end of the 2 minute filming because of
the supurb sharpness and resolution of this event.

I do not own or use fine cameras like the 20D Pat. I have no info. on what
would be best.

Larry
YCSentinel