(meteorobs) How hot would you like your meteoroid gas?

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 14 00:28:48 EDT 2009

I don't know what "outgassing heat" is, but whatever is obvious to you,
isn't to me. I still see nothing but dust in the wind...

(You can't compare "intensity"- all you have to work with- to "heat". A two
minute exposure of faint dust can easily be the same intensity as a 10
millisecond exposure of meteor trail. Also, you can't compare the intensity
of the head to anything, since it is saturated in the original image. And
you can't compare the intensity of the tail to the streamers in your
stretched image, because you've driven those areas into saturation as well.)

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com