(meteorobs) Repost- Clear evidence for Meteoroidejecta/outgassing.

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 14 09:49:19 EDT 2009

Hi Dave-

I think that's bad advice. If an idea won't hold up to scrutiny during
development, a researcher is likely to waste a lot of time with it. Most of
the best new ideas in science are at least modified during development due
to input from others. If Larry (or anybody else) gets a serious objection
posed to his methodology (such as "you can't compare intensities where the
data is saturated), he at least has an opportunity to create a better test.
Without feedback, that chance is lost, and the work proceeds with faulty
input from early on. To treat such objections as some kind of personal
attack makes no sense.

Certainly, there's nothing remotely scientific about "stick[ing] with your
beliefs" in the face of evidence to the contrary. That's pretty much the
definition of pseudoscience.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory