(meteorobs) Outgassing?

Stuart Saunders stuart21 at mac.com
Mon Sep 14 12:19:47 EDT 2009

> No coloring added. Just contrast boosting and negatives.
>
> The outgassing heat is obvious by comparison. Coloring of meteoroide
> core,
> the region surrounding the head......compared to the outjetting
> gasses.
>
> visual comparison1
> http://www.geocities.com/stange34@sbcglobal.net/Hotgas.jpg
>
> visual comparison2
> http://www.geocities.com/stange34@sbcglobal.net/Hotgasses.jpg

Larry,
	The very large velocity difference between the atmosphere and the
meteor has already heated the meteor to white heat. What mechanism
causes the 'outgassing jets' to accelerate - in the direction of - the
meteor? (Necessitated by 'concave jets')
	Also, what mechanism would impart a high rotational velocity to the
meteor, without sending it out of the meteoroid stream?

	As I said before, I followed the outgassing theory, but now it
appears that it is just not possible.