(meteorobs) Repost- Clear evidence for Meteoroidejecta/outgassing.

Thomas Dorman drygulch_99 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 14:51:41 EDT 2009

Thomas
I agree with you that we simply have a poor understanding of the electromagnetic phenomena in meteor events.Also from all parties views in this discussion it has been made clear to me that we have little understanding and data for wind driven events above 30kms on a day to day bases.
I think the discussion should turn to processes we as observer can improve to gain better observation techniques and a better understanding of what is taking place in the upper atmosphere where most meteor events are taking place.I agree also that we are only viewing meteors,for the most part,in a very narrow window of the electromagnetic spectrum that being visible light. All I believe can agree that we may not be seeing all aspects of the meteor phenomena.One example is the soft x-rays that have been observed coming from meteor events.
I do have a problem  when the experts speak in absolutes on this phenomena .We are observing these events from a distance and until we can come up with a ways to get more up close with the meteor phenomena than I think we should hold back on speaking in absolutes.
I believe this discussion is health for the science and all should be open to new approaches to understanding this phenomena.
For what it's worth from the peanut gallery.
Thomas Dorman