(meteorobs) Colorado fireball last night

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Sep 16 12:25:46 EDT 2009

Since we've recently been discussing meteor trains, I thought this fireball
would be of interest to some. As fireballs go, it's nothing special- around
mag -7, the sort of thing I get a few times a week. But this one is unusual
in that it leaves a very bright train that persists longer than the meteor
recording. I estimate the train itself to have an initial magnitude brighter
than -2. I've rarely recorded such a bright persistent trail (apparent in
the video).

http://www.cloudbait.com/meteor/data.php?recnum=28308

No jets or streamers, I'm afraid <g>.

Chris