(meteorobs) Repost- Clear evidence for Meteoroid ejecta/outgassing.

Thomas Dorman drygulch_99 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 17:30:33 EDT 2009

Pat and Dave
There my be a cheap way to get video cameras up nearer to meteor event we wish to look at.I friend sent me this post of some MIT student that sent a camera up to 93,000 feet.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/09/t....r-money-budget?
One can send a payload up without FAA approval as long as it's weight is no more than four pounds. Seems possible to me that using video camera system such as a Supercircuit PC402UXP type video camera in a group seems possible but it would cost more than the 150 dollars than the MIT students spent.Also I can envision the payload caring weather instruments for wind and a VLF receiver such as Thomas Ashcraft uses.Seem the possibilities are only limit by the weight factor and ones ability to think outside the box. If a group of such instruments were sent up at the peak of a major meteor shower,spread out some distance from each other, than I believe we could get some very interesting data.Seems even possible that one maybe able to get spectral data and dust samples with the right setup.Also with a little work ,in my view, higher atitudes of 120,000 feet could be possible with flight duration of 24 hours or more.Just an idea!
Thomas Dorman