(meteorobs) Repost- Clear evidence for Meteoroid ejecta/outgassing.

Thomas Dorman drygulch_99 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 21:22:01 EDT 2009

Dave and Malcolm
For tracking a cell phone with GPS tracking could be used to track down the payload.Second a standard weather balloon would not work for a long duration flight.A zero pressure balloon for a long duration flight would be needed.I think with a little experimenting this could be worked out.The other problem I see is powering the camera or video camera system and recording devices and also other instruments. I am looking around to see what kind of light weight batteries are available.
The MIT students used a beer cooler but weight maybe saved using lighter material used for a supporting structure for the instruments and cameras such as carbon fiber.
I simply do not have the funds to get such a project off the ground but their maybe others in a position to do so.Also several people maybe able to pool their resources to get something going.I know the talent exist with this group only to find those in the group that have the will and the vision.I really like to see some meteor spectral data come from such an endeavor.As I said just an idea to get at the heart of the issues discussed in this thread.
Thomas