(meteorobs) [meteorite-list] Michigan Fireball 10:15pm reported

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 12:05:21 EDT 2010

I searched twitter this morning and found a handful of witness reports
from last night. I've contacted these folks to get more info on their
locations.

 Logotwitter_normal
info_feeder: US: Pennsylvania / Michigan Fireball 7APR2010 [sott -
Alternative News Via InfoFeeder - infofeeder.info]
http://tinyurl.com/yftys85 (expand)

 rstorm186: possible fireball class meteor mag~9. altitude 30 to 15
deg. observed due north from 42.823508,-78.747972 about 1 hr ago

 Icon2_normal
kbondelli: I just saw the most amazing meteor. It shot across the
entire sky and I could see the pieces breaking off like it was right
above me.

 Dsc02525_normal
judyisarunt: Saw a meteor or something. It was glowing and beautiful.
about 9 hours ago from txt · Reply · View Tweet

 Daniel_image_normal
danielhunt: Hmmm, meteor appears to be down in clontarf
about 9 hours ago from Echofon · Reply · View Tweet

 Img_0508_normal
Dawsonase: A huge meteor just zoomed east to west in the north part of
the sky above Toronto! Beautiful.

 PRISSY1987CU8: I think I just saw a meteor  come down.
about 16 hours ago from web · Reply · View Tweet

 160x120_091706_ss_welcomeournew_normal
HeySubin: Just saw a meteorite!!! They always kinda creep me out...
about 13 hours ago from web · Reply · View Tweet

 002_normal
PEllis8185: I just saw a green ball of light fall out of the sky like
a meteorite. So weird!!!
about 13 hours ago from txt · Reply · View Tweet

I also searched the Michigan newspapers this morning but didn't see
any reports yet.

Will be interesting to see the AMS reports.

Mike