(meteorobs) Possible daylight fireball caught on camera overMiddlesex, UK 14/04/10

Meteorites USA eric at meteoritesusa.com
Thu Apr 15 00:25:30 EDT 2010

Sepia and B&W DOES increase contrast Jason, you're right... But ONLY
when the exposure is perfect! The exposure on that video is NOT
perfect... Too much glare, will underexpose (or rather cause the CCD to
"darken" or stop down) the video recording thereby obscuring the smoke
train against the background. Notice the highly reflective surface of
the chimney? and the white clouds. This will cause the video to
automatically underexpose the recording making it impossible to see the
some train. The "darkened" background (sky) is too dark to contrast
against a "gray" smoke train...

There fireball left a smoke train, you simply can't see it because of
the way the video was recorded.

Regards,
Eric