(meteorobs) Possible daylight fireball caught on camera overMiddlesex, UK 14/04/10

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Thu Apr 15 03:57:54 EDT 2010

Op 15-4-2010 01:12, Meteorites USA schreef:
> Oh yeah... this is a obvious one... It's simply too fast to be a plane.
> Even a very close one.
>
> Regards,
> Eric

- sigh - .......

What I don't understand is that in this time and age, people still do not
recognize aircraft and aircraft contrails for what they are. Time and time again
we see footage of these passed off as "fireballs".

I really don't understand why we have to have long discussions with all kinds of
post-hoc accomodative arguments (about why there is no trail visible etc., even
to the point of asserting that there was one even though it is not visible!),
when with one look at the footage it is clear that it shows an aircraft (with
accompanying engine noise on the audio track!).

Aircraft are ubiquitous, compared to daylight fireballs. Daylight fireballs
don't make jet engine noises. 1 + 1 = 2 and if it quacks like an aircraft, it is
an aircraft.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco (asteroid 183294) Langbroek