(meteorobs) New radiant?

bmccurdy at telusplanet.net bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Wed Apr 21 12:39:24 EDT 2010

Greetings to the list. I wonder is there any additional news on the possible
new radiant for the recent comet as suggested by Roberto Gorelli the other day.
If so, any info on the position of the radiant and a possible peak time? I may
be in a position to observe the Lyrids tonight, however moonset here is
not 'til 03:56, and sunrise is at 06:18 so the dark sky window is very narrow.
I would certainly make a point of going out if there was further reason to.

Also, I wonder if any of the European based list members might comment on the
quality and transparency of your skies these past days. I remember well
the "Pinatubo haze" from 1991 and wonder if your circumstances are similar or
worse?

Bruce
*****