(meteorobs) New radiant?

dfischer at astro.uni-bonn.de dfischer at astro.uni-bonn.de
Wed Apr 21 13:47:41 EDT 2010

> Also, I wonder if any of the European based list members might comment on
> the
> quality and transparency of your skies these past days. I remember well
> the "Pinatubo haze" from 1991 and wonder if your circumstances are similar
> or
> worse?

When the ash reached Central Europe it was quite diluted - and there are
no significant stratospheric aerosols: Thus the volcano *optically* is a
no show here, with only subtle effects at best.
http://sattrackcam.blogspot.com/2010/04/aircraft-less-skies-but-is-volcanic.html
and
http://atmospherical.blogspot.com/2010/04/influences-of-mt-eyjafjallajokull.html
summarize it well. Some of the recent nights have actually been the
clearest here in Germany in some time; see e.g. http://twitpic.com/1gdpo4
and http://twitpic.com/1gdq3n for impressions from a star party on the
17th.

Daniel (seeing a brilliant low Sun right now)