(meteorobs) New radiant?

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Wed Apr 21 13:53:36 EDT 2010

Hello Bruce

> Greetings to the list. I wonder is there any additional news on the
> possible
> new radiant for the recent comet as suggested by Roberto Gorelli the other
> day.
> If so, any info on the position of the radiant and a possible peak time? I
> may
> be in a position to observe the Lyrids tonight, however moonset here is
> not 'til 03:56, and sunrise is at 06:18 so the dark sky window is very
> narrow.
> I would certainly make a point of going out if there was further reason
> to.

I'm sorry but I not have additional data, I think that the only data can to
come
by radio, the maximum should be around 20-21 April, we not known how
it's the duration of the shower, if real probably only some days.

> Also, I wonder if any of the European based list members might comment on
> the
> quality and transparency of your skies these past days. I remember well
> the "Pinatubo haze" from 1991 and wonder if your circumstances are similar
> or
> worse?

I remember too, but not 1991, but Mount Saint Helen in 80, I was in Belgium
and I remember many special sunsets with a colour violet, at today in Rome
I not saw nothing of special

> Bruce
> *****

Best greetings.