(meteorobs) Possible new meteor shower in the next days!

Enrico Stomeo stom at iol.it
Fri Apr 23 09:14:15 EDT 2010

>> The newly discovered comet P/2009 WX51 CATALINA,
>> discovered as asteroid and saw as comet by Wise
>>
>> it's possible that it do origin at a new meteor shower,

> I'm seeing a marked increase in the radio hit rate after
> local midnight.

This theoretic radiant should be quite recent. I have found
that this object was near Jupiter in 1986 and in that case
the orbital plane changed. Until that time, the orbit had
incl= 7.8 and node= 51.1 (May 12) and it was very unlikely
the theoretic radiant in ARI (alpha 38.8, delta +27.8) showed
meteors, as the distance orbit/Earth was about 0.26 AU. After
1986 this radiant moved in TRI (alpha 35.4/36.5, delta +34.0/
/+34.5 for April 22 node=31.7) with a shorter distance orbit/
/Earth (from 0.05 to the current 0.02 AU), compatible with a
theoretic display of meteors. But anyway the radiant, always
very near Sun, is undetectable both morning and evening.

Best,
Enrico