(meteorobs) Bootes Activity August 1/2

Bias, Peter V pbias at flsouthern.edu
Tue Aug 3 23:15:03 EDT 2010

Hi David,

I recall seeing a few meteors from a "radiant" near there on Aug 4, 1970 (I know; long time ago).  We were looking for (really) early Perseids in the evening (as youngsters do) and noticed the meteors coming from out of the northwest as we looked toward the Perseid radiant.  We plotted nothing and had no good sense of the radiant, but one was a -5 exploding bolide that certainly got our attention!
Might be the same shower...or maybe not, but your post brought back fond memories.
Regards,

  Pete Bias
  Lakeland Florida (but saw that shower from Cincinnati Ohio)