(meteorobs) Observation April 12/13 2010

Pierre Martin pmartin at teksavvy.com
Sun Aug 8 21:17:57 EDT 2010

I enjoyed my first meteor session of the year at Bootland Farm.  Had
the company of four other people with setups there.  I cannot recall
ever seeing this site dry and fully accessible so early in the year -
a real treat!  I was setup for just one hour of meteor observing,
prior to midnight, as work the next day prevented me from staying any
later.  Nice night, cool, comfortable, no bugs and lots of spring
peepers in the distance.

As for meteors, only five sporadics.

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario

DATE: April 12/13 2010
BEGIN: 02:50 UT (22:50 EDT) END: 03:55 UT (23:55 EDT)
OBSERVER: Pierre Martin (MARPI)
LOCATION: Long: -76 29' West; Lat: 45 23' North
Observing site: Bootland Farm, Ontario, CANADA
RECORDING METHOD: talking clock/tape recorder, cord align

OBSERVED SHOWERS:_______________________________radiant position
ANT (antihelion)________________________________14:16 (214) -13

OBSERVING PERIODS: 0 = none seen; / = shower not observed

PERIOD(UT)____FIELD_______Teff___LM_____SPO_ANT

02:50-03:55___12:11 +06___1.03___6.30____5___0

Notes: The first column (Period UT) refers to observing periods, in
Universal Time. The second column (Field) is the area in in the sky
where I centered my field of view. The third column (TEFF) Teff is
simply the total time during the observing session spent actually
watching the sky. Breaks and/or dead time are not included in the
reported Teff. It is reported in decimal format such that a 60 minute
observing session would be reported as Teff = 1.00.  The column (LM)
is the average naked eye limiting magnitude seen.  All following
columns indicate the number of meteors for each shower observed.  For
more info, see: http://www.namnmeteors.org/guidechap2.html
------------------------

MAGNITUDE DISTRIBUTIONS:

SHOWER
______+3__+4______AVE

SPO____2___3_____+3.60

Notes: Magnitude -8 is comparable to a quarter moon, magnitude -4 with
the planet Venus, magnitude -1 with the brightest star Sirius,
magnitude +2 to +3 with most average naked eye stars and magnitude +6
to +7 are the faintest stars the naked eye can see under typical dark
conditions. A meteor of at least magnitude -3 is considered a fireball
(IMO definition). The above table contains the magnitudes from all
observed meteors, and the average (last column) for showers.

SKY OBSCURED (FOV) (UT): None

Dead time: 3.33 min (plotting)

Breaks (UT): None