(meteorobs) Polish colour meteor spectrum

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 9 11:56:34 EDT 2010

	I received a reply from Jiri Borovicka re the Polish colour meteor
spectrum, see below.  I also noted the use of crossed gratings.  I
wish more details were included with this.  This could solve the
direction of the meteors flight path re dispersion.  If anyone gets
any more information on this please let us know.

Ed Majden
Courtenay, B.C. Canada

Comment from Jiri Borovicka:

Dear Ed,

the dispersion of the spectrum is not bad, it is much higher than
in video spectra and comparable to classical photographic spectra.
I have personally no experience with digital camera spectroscopy,
nevertheless, I suppose that photometry could be done after some
calibration. I can understand the Polish text only partly. An
interesting aspect is the usage of two crossed gratings.

The spectrum itself is a typical spectrum of a low velocity
fireball. The identification of Si+ at 4131 A is erroneous,
it must be another Fe line.

With regards

Jiri