(meteorobs) Quick Perseid 'Clump' Observation

Norman W McLeod III nmcleod at coconet.com
Fri Aug 13 12:24:57 EDT 2010

The only year I ever had non-random Perseids was the max in 1985.  That
year I had intense action for 15 minutes, about 25 Perseids, followed by
nothing at all for 15 minutes.  I went through that cycle 3 times.  All
other years seem to fit the Poisson distribution.

Variable dull to poor night skies here, with African dust and some
convective debris.  I wasn't motivated to observe the Perseids this
year.  Aug 11 around 530am I woke up and went out front for 12 minutes,
sky LM 4.0, and didn't see a single meteor.

Norman