(meteorobs) In the media (was Aug 13 Perseid Observation)

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Aug 13 21:11:09 EDT 2010

The relationship between trail length and radiant distance is also very
obvious in the composite I posted earlier at
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/perseid2010.html . Note the fireball at
azimuth 30° about halfway between the zenith and horizon. This meteor began
just 7° from the radiant, and is very nearly head-on. The video for that
fireball is the second one in the list on the referenced page.

Not to be overlooked is the relationship between apparent speed and distance
from the radiant, as well.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory