(meteorobs) Perseids observed from the Provence

Koen Miskotte koen.miskotte at versatel.nl
Mon Aug 16 04:36:21 EDT 2010

Hello,
During the period 7-14 august I stayed with Carl Johannink, Peter van
Leuteren and Sietse Dijkstra in Redortiers, Provence, southern France. The
weather wasn't cooprative, but fortunately we were able to observe almost or
at least a part of every night. Here are my results. All data is avialable
throught the IMO website.
7/8 august 2010.
Location: Redortier, Provence, southern France.
Period: 00:12 - 03:12 UT.
Teff: 3,00 hr.
Lm max: 6,7
57 PER, 3 SDA, 2 CAP, 0 KCG, 3 ANT, 64 SPO = TOT: 129.
Fireball(s): -6 CAP.
Good sky conditions, great CAP fireball with two flares of -4 and -6.
8/9 august 2010.
Location: Redortier, Provence, southern France.
Period: 21:50 - 03:00 UT.
Teff: 4,85 hr.
Lm max: 6,7 - 6,8.
83 PER, 6 SDA, 3 CAP, 1 KCG, 3 ANT, 70 SPO = TOT: 166
Fireball(s): -3 PER
Whole night clear sky's.

9/10 august 2010.
Location: Redortier, Provence, southern France.
Period: 0:06 - 3:15 UT.
Teff: 3,12 hr.
Lm max: 6,6.
61 PER, 5 SDA, 2 CAP, 0 KCG, 1 ANT, 45 SPO = TOT: 115
Fireball: -4 PER
First part of the night a heavy cirrus cover and lightning.
10/11 august 2010.
Location: Redortier, Provence, southern France.
Period: 0:08 - 1:08 UT.
Teff: 1,00 hr.
Lm max: 6,5.
14 PER, 2 SDA, 1 CAP, 0 KCG, 0 ANT, 9 SPO = TOT : 26.
No fireballs...
Heavy cirrus cover, just one hour with no clouds...
11/12 august 2010.
Location: Redortier, Provence, southern France.
Period: 20:24 - 21:45 UT.
Teff: 1,32 uur.
Lm max: 6,5.
11 PER, 0 SDA, 0 CAP, 1 KCG, 0 ANT, 13 SPO = TOT 25.
No fireballs
Cirrus after 21:45 UT.... Three beautiful PER earthgrazers

11/12 august 2010.
Location: Redortier, Provence, southern France.
Period: 01:00 - 03:12 UT.
Teff: 2,25 hr.
Lm max: 6,5.
95 PER, 4 SDA, 1 CAP, 0 KCG, 2 ANT, 32 SPO = TOT: 134.
Fireballs: 2x -4 PER.
During the second part of the night we had (unexpected) clear weather.
12/13 august 2010.
Location: Cairanne, Provence, southern France.
Period: 21:45 - 03:15 UT.
Teff: 5,00 hr.
Lm max: 6,4.
288 PER, 2 SDA, 1 CAP, 4 KCG, 2 ANT, 62 SPO= TOT 359.
Fireballs: -7 PER, -4 PER, 4x -3 PER.
Peak around 1 UT??? Because of clouds we had to move north for clear
weather.
13/14 august 2010.
Loaction: Redortier, Provence, southern France.
Period: 20:13 - 21:49 UT.
Teff: 1,60 hr
Lm max: 6,7.
36 PER, 0 SDA, 1 CAP, 1 KCG, 0 ANT, 18 SPO = TOT 56.
Fireballs: within 3 minutes -5 PER, -2 PER, -4 PER  and later on a -3 PER