(meteorobs) Need help identifying forward scatter transmitter location(s)

danny garvin grailknight_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 02:35:30 EDT 2010

Thomas
   I would suspect K03DO Ch 3 on Fishers Peak in Co, it is 123 miles N/E of your
location. that seams to be the closest one to you.
an interesting experement would be to split your antenna feed and run one leg to
a TV and monitor Ch 3 during a meteor event and see if you pick up a signal from
the station. The only thing is that a 2 way splitter will introduce a extera 3.5
db of loss in your antenna system.
Hope this helps
Danny