(meteorobs) Transient Luminous Events on all-sky camera ( and meteors too)

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sun Aug 22 14:47:22 EDT 2010

Along with meteors, transient luminous events in the form of lightning
sprites can also be observed on all-sky cams above far distant
thunderstorms if conditions are right and luck is on your side.
.

I have posted a page of visual and radio sprites captured on my all-sky
camera and forward scatter radio meteor array. I am finding that sprites
also have different types of radio signatures. It appears that sprite
plasma columns will reflect transmitters in a similar way that meteors
do, although their plasma and ionization properties are different to a
degree. This probably has some significance for radio meteor science.
.
If anyone knows of any references for sprite capture studies on meteor
scatter radio arrays I would appreciate any references available.  Thank
you in advance.

http://www.heliotown.com/Sprites_and_Radio_Emissions.html
.
Lightning / sprite ping? Or meteor reflection?
http://www.heliotown.com/LpingAug192010_0348.34.300_Ashcraft.mp4

Thomas  |  |  New Mexico

:

Thomas Ashcraft  |  New Mexico