(meteorobs) [comets-ml] Looks like another impact on Jupiter on August 20

P. Clay Sherrod drclay at tcworks.net
Sun Aug 22 17:46:22 EDT 2010

Goodness, not to throw a stone in the parade, but the image is not at all convincing to
me; for one thing, the resolution (very poor contrast, sharpness and apparently poor
seeing) of the Jovian disk is quite unsharp when compared to the image of the "flash."
which looks suspiciously of very high sharpness.
Hopefully there can be some confirmation of this from others.
I am certainly not at all convinced from this one image.

Clay
_____
Dr. P. Clay Sherrod
Arkansas Sky Observatories