(meteorobs) (no subject)

Jean-L. RAULT f6agr at orange.fr
Wed Aug 25 03:30:31 EDT 2010

Ed

A Global Electrophonic Fireball Survey has been performed by Vinković et al. in 2002.
The methodology and the results have been published in WGN, the Journal of the IMO (International Meteor Organization).
The articles are downloadable on the SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System at http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/basic_connect?qsearch=electrophonic+survey&version=1

During the seventies, a part of my job was to record austral auroras (radio and video). I was based on Kerguelen Islands (70°E, 50° S, in the Howling Fifties) and I never got the opportunity to hear any acoustic noise linked to auroras. However, this location is one of the most windy places on Earth, so the ambiant noise level was permanently high and was maybe masking any faint aurora songs :o)

Jean-louis Rault
Near Paris, France