(meteorobs) Electrophonic/simultaneous Meteor/Aurora Sounds

drobnock drobnock at penn.com
Thu Aug 26 12:34:07 EDT 2010

Ed

Several years back I made a similar inquiry on "hearing" electrophonic
noise... But attempting to understand why out of a group of individuals
in the same field of view of a brilliant fireball,  only one or two
individuals heard an electroponic noise and not the whole group. As one
would expect from Keay's theory of a signal being rectified by hair,
grass, pine trees, or spectacles everyone with in the field of view of a
fireball would have "heard" the electrophonic sound.  I inquired about
individuals with certain medical conditions. . I thought that an
individual prone to migraines or  tinnitus may be be the reason to hear
something others did not. The results were 50/50. The results were as
your not a scientific pole.
George John Drobnock

Re: (meteorobs) Electrophonic/simultaneous Meteor/Aurora Sounds

With reference to my posting below I have received several comments
regarding this matter. This of course is a non scientific pole but
was interesting never the less. I will send the comments to anyone
that has an interest in seeing them. Just send me an e-mail asking
for the results.
Ed Majden