(meteorobs) meteor seen in teens/found 25 years latter

warne young warneyoung at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 21:36:38 EST 2010

Hi members: I was 15 or so when I was going hunting with my Dad & another
friend. We were in the car on top of a ridge driving to our destination. I
was laying my head back on the back seat and had a view of the sky right
before dusk. I seen out of the corner of my right eye a flame. I turned to
look at this ball of fire,coming towards me horizontally. It looked like it
was moving slow,so at the time I thought it was an airplane on fire, then
 about ten seconds latter, a sonic boom ,well, I think it might evenhave
been a couple sonic booms real fast. It was very loud and shocked the hell
out of us. I will cut to the chase.One time many years latter , I had to
walk past that area to town. I was looking at thousands of iron balls strewn
all over the ground for at least a half mile wide, and I think many miles
long. I read a book called ,Rocks from Space and then it hit me,the hole
thing fit together. I went back to get some and they are magnetic!  And also
before I read the book, guess what was right in line with that field as the
crow flies . I was at my friends house and found what I thought was a meteor
rock about 2'ft. x5 x6'ft. or more sticking at least halfway out of the
ground.It had the pitting look that a meteorite has. It finally struck me
that it may be related to the one I saw. So my question is ,what would the
value of the small balls be /they are 1/4 to 1/2 in in size? And where could
I sell them? I know I need the rights to them .Some is on private property
and some may be on BLM. I want to be known as the discoverer and maybe write
a book on the discovery. And I have also found Diamond and sapphires very
large in the same zone except I live in another state and am trying to get
money to go there and do this. I need a fifth wheel ,a metal detector and a
Highbanker gem dredge. *If anyone would like to call me about this my ph. #
is (830)-596-1097.  Sincearly Warne Young*