(meteorobs) Nice Geminids show seen from Spain! Great fireballs display!

Francisco Ocaña albireo3000 at yahoo.es
Tue Dec 14 22:29:31 EST 2010

Hi list,

yesterday (13th-14th Dec) it was cloudy first, and foggy later and it
was impossible to do any visual observations, even above 1800m high.
However the cameras (at Universidad Complutense de Madrid) show some
fireballs between the clouds (one of them within the <-12 range).

Tonight (14th-15th Dec) it is very clear and I have been observing till
the moonset, later it has become really chilling (too windy). Visual
rates have been around ~50GEM/h under 6 LM skies till 1UT ( ZHR 90?).

There has been also many fireballs. I can´t remember any other night
seeing so many fireballs while driving to and back, and also during the
observation. Unfortunately none so bright as yesterday.

Good luck overseas too!

Paco Ocaña
Madrid, Spain