(meteorobs) Geminids - Dec.15/16

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu Dec 16 06:56:11 EST 2010

Hi all;

 Dec.15/16

 Well,went out tonight at 0030 UT to 0300 UT with camera on my balcony to
look for any Geminids. I saw only 3 in the above time span but none
went through my camera field. The max mag of them was about -0.0

 The only nice one was a sporadic at about 0241 UT at -5,white,that
had 2 pieces detach behind it as it ended. There was no smoke trail and
it was about 5 degrees long and lasted about 5 seconds in Eriandus just
below gamma.

I called it quits about 0300 UT as clouds began to come in.

At least I managed to see a couple 2010 Geminids  :)

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center- Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
web page: http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa063