(meteorobs) Greetings - Space Radar reciever here

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Thu Feb 4 12:34:59 EST 2010

James Beauchamp wrote:
> Greetings all.  Just wanted to do a quick hello and introduction from a newbie.  I'm a radio engineer and was always intrigued by Stan Nelson's work. .....
>
> James Beauchamp  K5YJ
> Oklahoma City

Hi James,

Glad to read your report, see your charts and glad for your success with
meteors.  It is always fascinating.

I am in New Mexico and was going to set up for radar reception when the
analog to digital tv transmitter switchover was occurring in 2009. But
after the switchover I am still getting useful forward scatter from tv
transmitters out there so I have maintained my radio setup as is.

Please feel free to contact me if there might be a mutual fireball
between us. I record full time.  I have not been posting my movies too
much lately but am still collecting and processing interesting specimens.

If you really get into it you might think about setting up a second
radio for forward scatter. I am operating two ICOM PCR-1000 radios and
get interesting two channel results.

Here is a fireball from two night's ago with a nice stereo head echo and
in the short movie I also embedded my two channel SpecLab chart.

It is a .mp4  1.7 MB  :
http://www.heliotown.com/FBshe2010020201157Ashcraft.mp4

Clear skies to you and I am hoping for some significant mutuals between
our observatories.

Thomas

Thomas Ashcraft  /  New Mexico