(meteorobs) A strange meteor

Jim Pettit jimpettit at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 10:15:53 EST 2010

I take that back (sort of): there are reference points. After carefully
cleaning my monitor screen with a wipe--and my eyes with a cup of coffee--I
was able to see a somewhat odd, nearly Megrez-less Ursa Major. And
re-looking at the 'falling' object, I see now that it's very yet another
lame attempt at a computer-generated meteor. Sigh...

Having said that, though, I'll say this again: I have definitely seen my
share of REAL meteors that both looked and behaved much the same way as the
object in the video...so I guess the pranksters are getting a little better
each time. :)