(meteorobs) Significant Radio Observations from OKC for 15 Feb 2010

James Beauchamp ok113cmdr at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 15 19:48:00 EST 2010

I'm going to try and update this daily, and post SpectrumLab captures, for the significant events.  Only takes a few minutes to review the captures and grab the ones I need.

I get hundreds of "little" hits per day.  Most are from satellites passing with ideal angles for ~zero doppler.  Some are also from jet aircraft passing through the "fence" and I have clear line of sight to them at that time.  The high aircraft traffic precludes auto audio recording.

But larger meteors or bolides will significantly spread the hits into ghostly globs = easy to spot on the spectrum plots.

________________________

Date: 15 Feb 2010
Obeservation time(s):  0400 - 2400 UTC
"Visible Sky":  US Space Radar Fence South of OKC - It's a little complicated.

07:02:05
07:17:50
10:54:45
11:40:45
13:36:45
16:20:35
17:05:45
19:26:25

Images of these captures can be viewed on FB at the link below - and will be updated as daily as I can.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2031121&id=1122357299&l=2b57bfd4fb

James Beauchamp
Oklahoma City