(meteorobs) Clouded Quadrantids from Southern France

Michel Vandeputte michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:05:26 EST 2010

Hi Karl,

Never mind; the attracting clear skies SHOULD come back for the Perseids ;-)

In Belgium we were able to observe the Quadrantid meteor shower. This do not
happen very often (latest successful events: 1995, 2002, part. 2009).
I observed from dusk till midnight local time (17-23 UT on January 3).
Meteor rates were very low because of the lower radiant altitude and
interfering moonlight. Despite this I could observe some nice and bright
earthgrazing meteors from the shower. After midnight the conditions became
slightly difficult so I quit (hazy, lower clouds formation and very bright
moon light); I can't give more information about this part of the night with
higher radiant altitude. Anybody else perhaps?

Long trains,

Michel.