(meteorobs) It is a GLONASS (Re: satellite question)

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 10:44:53 EST 2010

Hello,

Marco thanks for the identification and Tony thanks for the added
information. Next time I see something like this I will know what it
is. Marco regarding the camera and lens configuration I used a Canon
40D and a Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM. The EF lens I specifically
bought for meteor photography but was disappointed when I used it and
realized it had a smaller FOV than my Tamron (which cost 1/4 the
price). I was attracted to the lens because of its fast focal ratio,
but I wouldn't recommend this lens for meteor photography as its FOV
is smaller than other cheaper lenses out there. I'm still searching
for the perfect / best meteor camera lens if anyone has suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike